Advertised: 14-11-08 | Closing Date: 13-12-08
The American Red Cross Tsunami Recovery Program (TRP) had been established to direct the organization’s response to the South Asia tsunami disaster. The TRP activities focus on integrated community recovery and preparedness interventions in tsunami affected countries in Asia and East Africa in collaboration with Red Cross and non-Red Cross partners. Please visit www.redcross.org/tsunamirelief
The Indonesia TRP Delegation operates from offices in Banda Aceh, Calang, Lamno. It also has liaison offices in Jakarta, and other areas in Aceh province in collaboration with the Indonesian Red Cross.
The American Red Cross seeks dynamic individuals to fill the :
Sr. M & E Officer
(Aceh – Banda Aceh)
- Assist M&E Delegate and all those involved in M&E, in:
- Ensuring effective and relevant M&E systems are incorporated into projects and proposals considering technical suitability, donor requirements, resources and capacities.
- In conjunction with program managers, develop project-specific monitoring tools.
- Coordinating/managing the design and implementation of baseline, mid-term and end of project evaluations, surveys, special studies, and other components of the M&E system as technical assistance needs arise.
- Perform routine quality control checks of M&E work and improve processes and practices relating to M&E data analysis and management.
- Preparing and training staff, primary stakeholders, and implementing partners, as necessary, on general design, M&E concepts, skills and tools.
- Working with project managers and Head of Programs to ensure that lessons learned from project and program evaluations influence future project selection, design and implementation.
- Working with staff and external consultants in meeting the M&E needs of Indonesia as needed.
- Facilitating strategic planning reviews, as needed.
- Supporting external evaluation missions.
- Supervising M&E Officers within Monitoring & Evaluation unit
- Undertake any other relevant duty as might be required from time to time
- A Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent, in a Social Sciences discipline (Statistics, Mathematics, Psychology or Economics). A graduate degree preferred
- Previous working experience at senior level of monitoring & evaluation activities
- Good communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to relate to stakeholders across all levels
- Good time and stress management skills
- Commitment and motivation
- Excellent command of the English language with exceptional writing and communication skills, and full computer literacy
Please submit your application and curriculum vitae to document.write(‘\u0068\u0072\u0040\u0061\u006D\u0072\u0065\u0064\u0063\u0072\u006F\u0073\u0073\u002E\u006F\u0072\u0067’)firstname.lastname@example.org put Job title in Subject line. Only applications in English and short listed candidates will be notified. Applications submitted after Nov 21, 2008 will not be considered.
Filed under: Uncategorized |