The American Red Cross Tsunami Recovery Program (TRP) had been established to direct the organization’s response to the South Asia tsunami disaster. The TRP activities focus on integrated community recovery and preparedness interventions in tsunami affected countries in Asia and East Africa in collaboration with Red Cross and non-Red Cross partners. Please visit www.redcross.org/tsunamirelief
The Indonesia TRP Delegation operates from offices in Banda Aceh, Calang, Lamno. It also has liaison offices in Jakarta, and other areas in Aceh province in collaboration with the Indonesian Red Cross.
The American Red Cross seeks dynamic individuals to fill the :
Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
(Aceh – Banda Aceh)
- Provide support to PMI-NAD in the implementation of M&E plans and reporting requirements generated by it
- Implement an appropriate filing system to track all data required for the M&E operations
- Create and maintain contacts with PMI-NAD and other national programs by participating in meetings and forums relating to monitoring and evaluation
- Assist PMI-NAD staff, management, consultants, partners and other interested parties to gain access to M&E related information
- Work with the ARC Senior M&E Officer and M&E Delegate, as required on all aspects of assessments, capacity building baseline/end line surveys, evaluations and other specific tasks.
- Prepare field reports and draft progress reports regularly
- Facilitate capacity building at PMI-NAD Branch levels in effective monitoring and evaluation
- Conduct a series of supervisory visits to identified PMI Branches to assist them in the development of systems and skills to collect data for the ARC database and for their own use
- Follow up with PMI-NAD Branches that have not submitted Program Monitoring Report Forms
- Conduct data auditing of a pre-determined random sample of PMI-NAD Branches that have submitted forms
- Undertake any other relevant duty as might be required from time to time
- A Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent, in a social sciences discipline (statistics, mathematics, psychology or economics). A graduate degree preferred
- Good communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to relate to stakeholders across all levels
- Good time and stress management skills
- Commitment and motivation
- Excellent command of the English language with exceptional writing and communication skills, and full computer literacy
Please submit your application and curriculum vitae to document.write(‘\u0068\u0072\u0040\u0061\u006D\u0072\u0065\u0064\u0063\u0072\u006F\u0073\u0073\u002E\u006F\u0072\u0067’)email@example.com put Job title in Subject line. Only applications in English and short listed candidates will be notified. Applications submitted after Oct 31, 2008 will not be considered.
Filed under: Uncategorized |